Terms & Conditions Goods means the window films, spots or other products manufactured or supplied by Techfit UK and the subject of the order made by You. You and Your means the person ordering Goods from Techfit UK. Techfit UK or We or Us or Our means Techfit UK UK Ltd trading as Techfit UK UK Ltd whose registered office is at 17 Thursby House, Gateshead, NE9 6NL. Our enquiry line means the telephone number showing at 0191 4206351.
1. OUR CONTRACT A legally binding contract with You will only arise once Techfit UK has received payment for the Goods in full from You.
1.1 All goods remain the property of Techfit UK until they are paid for in full. PLEASE NOTE: Window Film falls outside of the Construction Industry Scheme therefore our invoices do not qualify for any form of retentions.
2.1 The price for any Goods ordered by You will be the price shown at the time You place Your order and will include all taxes applicable from time to time.
2.2 Delivery charges within the UK are shown at the time you place Your order. Delivery to locations outside of the UK mainland will be made only with Our express prior agreement and additional delivery charges may be payable in that event. If You require delivery outside of the UK mainland You are advised to contact Us on Our enquiry line or by E-mail in advance of placing Your order. If there is any change in the delivery charge payable We will notify You before Your order is accepted by Us.
2.3 Subject to clause 6, We will bank cheques when We receive Your order or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter. Any cheques which do not clear will result in Your order being suspended, pending monies clearing. Should this situation arise, We will advise You in writing. In these circumstances, delivery dates may well fall outside of Our stated delivery commitment.
3. RIGHT FOR YOU TO CANCEL YOUR CONTRACT You cannot change or cancel Your order if the Goods You have ordered are manufactured, measured or custom-made to Your requirements or specifications as these Goods will not be re-saleable by Us. For non-bespoke Goods (film by the metre) We regret that once Your order has been accepted by Us in relation to such Goods and entered on Our manufacturing process, We are unable to accept any changes to these Goods or cancellation of Your order without levying a handling charge (see below). If prior to delivery You do wish to change Your order or cancel it after We have accepted it, please contact us as soon as possible on Our enquiry line or by e-mail and we will try to assist you. Our acceptance of cancellation of your order will be subject to retention by Us of a handling charge equal to 30% of the price paid for these Goods. The balance of the price paid will be reimbursed to you within 30 days of notification of cancellation.
4. CANCELLATION BY US
4.1 We reserve the right to cancel yYour order if We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered, if the design You have chosen is not available in the dimensions You have provided, if You require delivery outside the United Kingdom, or if one or more of the Goods You ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information made by Us and/or received by Us from Our suppliers.
4.2 If We do cancel Your order We will notify You and will refund Your payment as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of Your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
5. STOCK SHORTAGES If the Goods You order are unavailable We will notify You as soon as possible and suggest a suitable replacement.
6. PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS AND MEASUREMENT
6.1 The product specification contained within Our website are provided for illustrative purposes only and We cannot warrant that they are accurate. If You are in any doubt as to the precise nature of the product You wish to order, You are advised to order samples. Details of how to do this can be found on Our website.
6.2 As the Goods You order are manufactured according to the design and measurements You provide in Your order, it is very important that Your order is accurate in this respect. We cannot accept the return of Goods by reason of the design or measurements You provided being incorrect. We recommend that You contact Us by telephone or by E-mail if You would like guidance on how to take the required measurements accurately.
6.3 Whilst every attempt will be made by Techfit UK to ensure that the Goods sold and delivered match in every respect any sample or description shown or given or sent to You, any minor or immaterial variation or change in colour or pattern between the sample or description and the Goods delivered shall not entitle You to reject the Goods nor to claim any compensation for such variation or change.
7. DELIVERING YOUR GOODS
7.1 Orders placed prior to 1.00 pm Monday-Friday will be sent on the same working day. Orders placed on Saturday or Sunday will be sent the next working day. Next day delivery can be arranged by special request. All deliveries will need to be signed for and it is Your responsibility to be available to receive the Goods. In the event of 2 failed delivery attempts, extra delivery cots may be charged to You.
7.2 Ownership of, and risk in, the Goods will pass to You once they have been delivered to You. If You return the Goods under clauses 3 or 8, ownership of, and risk, in the Goods returned will pass to Us on receipt of the Goods by Us.
7.3 Any claim for non-delivery of Goods must be made within 14 days of an Order being placed.
8. INSTALLATION OF GOODS
8.1 Our fitting instructions will be included with Your delivery. We recommend that You read these fully before starting to fit Your Goods. If You have any questions about fitting please contact Us on Our enquiry line or by E-mail.
8.2 Techfit UK will not be held responsible for any problems encountered in installing Your Goods.
9. DEFECTIVE GOODS
9.1 If Your Goods are defective on delivery, You are entitled to return them to Us provided You have first contacted Us by telephone, E-mail, or in writing as set out in the Contact Details section of Our website and We have agreed that the Goods should be returned to Us. Any requests of Defective Goods must be made within 14 days of delivery of the Goods unless otherwise agreedby Us. The Goods should be returned to Us in the packaging they were received in and securely sealed. If in doubt, please contact Us by telephone or by E-mail for guidance on how to pack Your Goods for return. Any requests to return defective Goods must be made within 14 days of delivery of the Goods.
9.2 If on receipt by Techfit UK it appears that the Goods are defective, We will promptly arrange to deliver replacement Goods free of charge or, if You request, a full refund of the price of the defective Goods.
9.3 The rights You have under clauses 9.1 and 9.2 above do not limit Your statutory rights as a consumer.
10. REPRESENTATIONS No statement, description, or recommendation contained in any catalogue, price list, advertisement, communication, the pages of Our website or by any employee or agent of Techfit UK UK Ltd shall be interpreted so as to enlarge, vary or override in any way any of these terms and conditions.
11. EVENTS BEYOND OUR CONTROL We shall have no liability to You for any failure to deliver Goods You have ordered or for any delay in doing so or for any damange or defect to Goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond Our reasonable control including without limitation, third party default, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
12. INVALIDITY If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which We exclude Our liability to You) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
13. PRIVACY We are fully committed to protecting Your privacy and will not disclose Your information to third parties.
14. THIRD PARTY RIGHTS Except for Our affiliates, directors, employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the UK Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.
15. 30 Days credit given only in accordance with agreement from Techfit UK
16. All materials remain the property of Techfit UK until paid for in full
17. BREAKAGES and DAMAGES. Techfit UK accept no responsibilty for any damage to film after job completion.
18. Techfit UK reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions as and when they deem neccessary. Please see our website for updates.
19. GOVERNING LAW This contract is subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.